Friday, August 11, 2023

July 26-27: My Grandma Arrives!

 On Wednesday morning two weeks ago, Daddy and I went to the train station and we hopped on a train to get to Schiphol which is where the airport is. We were there to pick up my Grandma, who was coming for a visit! Since Grandma was taking a while to come out to the meeting point at the airport, Daddy got a coffee and I waited at the meeting point until Grandma came. Finally, she came out so I walked with her back to daddy and we hopped on a train back to Amsterdam Centraal. Daddy and I walked our bikes back to the apartment and Grandma walked her suitcase over. 

That afternoon, we went on a verrry long walk to keep Grandma awake to help her get over her jet lag. We found a store called Flying Tiger and we found out that it has good prices and that it has pretty good quality and cool stuff. We saw a hamburger costume that was there and I tried it on, it was actually kind of comfortable! 

We kept walking and we found an ice cream shop. We each got some ice cream - it was actually called Gelato, which is homemade fancy Italian ice cream. I got Oreo flavour, but it just tasted like cookies and cream. Mom got lemon cheese cake, Hendrik got Snickers, and I don't remember what Grandma got but hers tasted the best of all of them!

The next day was Grandma's birthday! We got to have pannekoeken for breakfast and it was super tasty. I went to the store with mom during the day, and we bought a birthday cake for grandma! We thought we were going to have to get some other sort of birthday treat because we hadn't seen any cakes in the stores yet, but I found the cakes and we bought a pink strawberry cake. It was super tasty! Thanks for having a birthday, Grandma!!

On Friday, we walked to a different grocery store called Jumbo and we each got a fresh croissant because there was a deal, buy 3 get 1 free, and there were four of us - mom, me, Hendrik, and Grandma. We also each picked out a pop and I chose a lemon Coca-Cola; Grandma chose a strawberry cheesecake cola; Hendrik got a raspberry Coca-Cola, and mom got a cinnamon cola. Grandma's was the best - AGAIN! She's good at choosing tasty things. 


First day with Grandma!


We went on a walk the day Grandma arrived, and we found this statue!

It was a very sunny day!

We saw some swans in one of the canals we went by (the brown ones are kids)!

We got to have a treat two days later, and we got to choose a pop and we each got a croissant!

YUMMY!!!!

That day was also Grandma's birthday! We got to have pannekoeken for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29: Visiting my Great Grandpa's Farm

 We took Grandma with us to Gasselternijveenschemond. That is a very big name for a reallllly small town. We came here because Grandma wante...